On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at 4343 at The Parkway Luxury Apartments in Dallas, Texas encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.
Speaking of new recipes, you might be familiar with the classic Italian recipe, Chicken Parmesan, but have you ever heard of Shrimp Parmesan? Like Chicken Parmesan, Shrimp Parmesan is battered and fried shrimp, served with marinara sauce, and topped with mozzarella. Can’t wait to try it? We can totally understand, especially once you know how truly tasty this recipe is! Check it out below.
- 12 ounces jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 32-ounce jar marinara
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan and chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Mix the eggs, parmesan, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Dip each shrimp into the batter, coating all sides. Place the shrimp in the skillet and allow the egg and parmesan to form a crust, about 3 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, or any oven safe skillet, add the marinara sauce. Heat over medium until the sauce is heated through. Place the shrimp on top of the marinara sauce, then top each shrimp with one tablespoon of shredded mozzarella.
- Turn your broiler on high and place the skillet under the broiler. Broil until the cheese melts and starts to brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the broiler and top with grated parmesan and chopped fresh parsley for garnish. Serve with your favorite low carb pasta alternative.