If your family takes Christmas seriously – as many do! – you likely understand the importance of making Christmas Day as perfect as possible, from a piping hot cup of your favorite coffee when you wake up, to a delicious bite of homemade apple pie to finish off a glorious day spent with family. Though a lot of attention is paid to your Christmas feast, you might be wondering what to serve the morning of, to hold your family over until the big meal, while providing much-needed fuel for Christmas morning activities!
We think this delicious recipe for Christmas Cranberry Waffles is an ideal contender. Festive and flavorful, you don’t even need to make your own waffle batter for this recipe – just use your favorite store-bought variety and dress it up with cranberries, vanilla, maple syrup, and a hint of sugar. Try it once, and you’ll swear this is your new favorite holiday tradition!
For the syrup:
• 1 cup maple syrup
• 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the waffles:
• Your favorite waffle mix
• 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
• 1 teaspoon sugar
1. Place the syrup into a pot with the cranberries and vanilla. Cook over medium heat until the cranberries pop. Remove from the heat and let cool while making the waffles.
2. Place the cranberries and sugar into a bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and allow to cool while making your favorite waffle batter.
3. When your waffle maker is ready, pour half the batter for a waffle in, add a tablespoon of cranberries, then add the rest of the batter. Cook your waffle as directed.
4. Serve your waffles with cranberry syrup and enjoy!
Master the art of cooking by joining 4343 at The Parkway Luxury Apartments in Dallas, Texas in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.