Lighten up your favorite Italian meals with chicken instead of beef, pork, or sausage! This Italian Chicken Meatballs recipe uses 95% lean ground chicken in place of fattier meat, but you’d never know the difference – the taste is just that good. Follow this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens to learn how to make the meatballs, which come together in just over 30 minutes.
• Olive oil spray
• 1 pound 95% lean ground chicken
• 1 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
• ½ cup packed frozen riced cauliflower (3 1/2 ounces)
• ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
• 1 large egg
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed with the side of a knife
• 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes with basil
• ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 bay leaf
• Hot cooked spiralized zucchini and/or pasta
1. Adjust an oven rack to the second-highest position and preheat the broiler to high. Line a large baking pan with foil and coat with olive oil cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl combine chicken, Pecorino Romano, cauliflower, parsley, egg, tomato paste, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Mix with wet hands. Gently form into 12 meatballs using a scant 1/4 cup each. Transfer to the baking pan. Broil until tops are golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. In a large pot heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium. Add the crushed garlic and cook until golden. Carefully add crushed tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and the bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
4. Gently add meatballs to the pot of sauce. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until meatballs are tender and cooked through (165°F), about 10 minutes more. Discard bay leaf. Serve meatballs and sauce over spiralized zucchini and/or pasta. Serves 4.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by 4343 at The Parkway Luxury Apartments in Dallas, Texas, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!